Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: How do I  (Read 310 times)

Offline Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
How do I
« on: March 13, 2016, 04:25:49 PM »
Post video's?
In dog beers I've only had one

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: How do I
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2016, 07:03:37 AM »
Post video's?

Here is what I do, using YouTube:
1. Prepare and save your video on your computer (I save as MP4, other packages should also work).
2. Log into your YouTube.com account (set one up if you don't already have one, it is free)
3. There is an UPLOAD button near the top righthand corner. Click it.
4. Drag and drop your video into the YouTube box, as suggested.

You will see a progress indicator. The process will take  long time, e.g., perhaps an hour or more for a sort, 2 or 3 minutes, video. You will see the progress, sort of like watching concrete dry.

In one of my limited number of uploads, the system said it detected some camera shape and offered to try to correct it. Nothing to lose, so I agreed. I really cannot say where it fixed something, nor did I care to spend a lot of time looking.

When it has finished all of its work, you will see a PUBLISH button appear. Click it. If you want, you can restrict it to specific viewers only. I have not done that.

Pick up the URL that the system presents and paste into whatever you wish - a Forum, an Email, etc.

Suggestion: I try to remember to put       KRCM -     at the beginning of the title, which seems like a good standard for any of us who post stuff that is related to our Club flying.

Best Practice: Whatever you do, e.g., include a video link onto a posting on a Forum, take the time to go to that location and click the link to ensure that it works as expected.

NOTE: Reg uses Vimeo instead of YouTube. I have never looked into that, I only use YouTube because I tried it once and it seems to work well enough for me. Perhaps Reg will comment on Vimeo. The end result will be the same - you get a URL to paste somewhere.
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others