Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Zagi Combat wing/delta  (Read 450 times)

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Zagi Combat wing/delta
« on: September 29, 2016, 08:07:23 AM »
Everybody knows what this is, I'm a bit late to the party. Built this with 3/4 inch insulation foam. It flies well, I haven't trimmed it out yet, but the maiden and a follow-up flight went well yesterday, without incident. C'mon Gord, let's go at it!
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Online Flypaper 2

• KRCM Members
  • We regret the chances we didn't take.
    • View Profile
Re: Zagi Combat wing/delta
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 09:22:12 AM »
This is a flying wing, sort of like the Zagi that was popular back in the mid 90s for fun combat. Reg and I are trying to get some interest going for the same thing. This is made from 3/4 in.floor insulation foam with plastic film on each side. Very light but very tough, and only about $ 12.50 for a 4 by 8 sheet.
 These are 36 in. wingspan and 16 in. width at the centre. These are rough numbers so anything around that size would work fine. Test flew mine yesterday and just needed a pair of washers under the top motor screws to give it some downthrust.
 If there's some interest shown, we'll continue with this thread. ;D
Gord
Hotglue, held together with foam.

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: Zagi Combat wing/delta
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 10:50:33 AM »
Trimmed out, this plane is a blast and is climbing up my favourites list. It is rugged enough to withstand nose-first landings (well, maybe one) and is easy to launch and fly in wind when everyone else except Gord is down.
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"