Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Fokker D-VIII build for 2017  (Read 527 times)

Offline Wilf

• KRCM Members
  • I've never met a plane I didn't like
    • View Profile
Fokker D-VIII build for 2017
« on: March 06, 2017, 01:29:09 PM »
Well guys and gals, I am sorry it took me soooo long to get back at working on the D-8 but life sometimes interferes with hobbies. I have finally installed the push pull control runs and installed the servos.  As you can see there is a lot of wiring going into the Fokker.  A lot of the electronics is for redundant gas engine shut off, one electronic and the other a common switch mounted on the side of the plane.  Following is some photos showing the progress. I also included the pictures of the fairing wing between the landing gear.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:53:00 AM by Wilf »

Offline Wilf

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: Fokker D-VIII build for 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 07:42:52 PM »
Next step completed today was to finish painting the two machine gun belts started by Rene.  PS, Rene also assembled and painted my machine guns for me.Excellent job.  It may not seem like I accomplished much, but it took most of the day waiting for each colour of paint to dry.

Offline Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2017, 07:20:06 AM »
Awesome stuff Wilf, can't wait to see it in the air.  ;D
In dog beers I've only had one

Offline Wilf

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2017, 11:26:14 AM »
With the bullets now painted, it is time to start temporarily installing the two 7.92 mm Spandau MG08 machine guns.  Once installed with the belt feed chute and the empty belt storage tube installed along with the empty cartridge deflectors for each gun, it will all have to be removed so that I can cover and paint the fuselage. Here are the guns being installed into the top deck. later today or tomorrow, I am hoping to finish the gun installations.

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2017, 12:23:25 PM »
 Yah, all that waiting for paint to dry really takes dedication. You might even have to pass up Nap Time ... narf!  Keep up the "fair" work, Hot Dog Man. :D
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Offline Wilf

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 11:52:31 AM »
Well no more airplane work for a while.  Got into a fight with our cat yesterday afternoon and lost. He was trying to get out to get at a stray cat and I tried to stop him.  I grabbed him and in a rage against the other cat,he grabbed me.  Couldn't stop the bleeding by midnight so poor old Joan had to drag me to The good folks at Napanee General Hospital Emergency to get stitched up and treated with antibiotics.  Finally got home and back to bed at 4 AM.  Joan unfortunately had to get up at six to get ready for work. And of course guess which hand? You got it, right hand between thumb and forefinger......
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 11:54:36 AM by Wilf »

Offline Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 08:37:05 PM »
Well no more airplane work for a while.  Got into a fight with our cat yesterday afternoon and lost. He was trying to get out to get at a stray cat and I tried to stop him.  I grabbed him and in a rage against the other cat,he grabbed me.  Couldn't stop the bleeding by midnight so poor old Joan had to drag me to The good folks at Napanee General Hospital Emergency to get stitched up and treated with antibiotics.  Finally got home and back to bed at 4 AM.  Joan unfortunately had to get up at six to get ready for work. And of course guess which hand? You got it, right hand between thumb and forefinger......

Holy cow, so sorry Wilf.  :o :o  Hope you're ok and can get back to soon.
In dog beers I've only had one