Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: The Opterra, with FPV capability  (Read 362 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
The Opterra, with FPV capability
« on: April 05, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »
After having played with the Mobius and associated 5.8 GHz mount on my Fun Cub, I moved it over to the Opterra. The HeadPlay goggle system works well, so that I could give others a chance to see what things look like from the airplane's perspective.

I am unlikely to become a "real" FPV pilot, but that's OK. I am interested in experimenting and letting others see what can be done, simply and cheaply. Already, one of my "little friends" (as Jane calls them) has ordered up essentially the same gear, after trying out mine. Meanwhile, the other
"little friend" who did the inital scouting to find the equipment that we both bought, is setting up (I think) a Bixler with his gear.

Last Sunday, I did some flights with the Mobius recording concurrently with transmitting. Meanwhile, Wilf took some video from the ground. And, several different guests had a chance to "ride along" via the HeadPlay, whilst sitting in a lawn chair (so they wouldn't get vertigo). After a number of hours of struggle, I managed to cobble together the following video. I hope you enjoy it. You may get a glimpse of Peter, Nathalie or someone else sitting near the videographer, enjoying a flight.

https://youtu.be/p1CLI6Dly3c
« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 04:46:03 PM by Deerslayer »
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Offline Flypaper 2

• KRCM Members
  • We regret the chances we didn't take.
    • View Profile
Re: The Opterra, with FPV capability
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:59:17 AM »
great job Gary. :D
Gord
Hotglue, held together with foam.

Offline Wilf

• KRCM Members
  • I've never met a plane I didn't like
    • View Profile
Re: The Opterra, with FPV capability
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2017, 06:54:12 AM »
 Joan and I both enjoy the video Gary good work.