Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Greetings and salutations  (Read 175 times)

Offline General Malarky

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Greetings and salutations
« on: June 22, 2017, 11:12:12 AM »
Howdy y'all! Thomas here (Marvin's son).

I am excited to be a part of the club and look forward to being involved with activities at the field. I have a noggin full of ideas that I'd love to share with folks, as time goes on. While I may not have the most interest in the hobby, I am excited to help with getting that FPV drone track built.

I have been having a good time, going out and socializing and flying. But I would like to let folks know that I have some social anxieties and such, if I seem distant or similar, it is of no fault of yours and I am just overwhelmed a bit. With regards to joking around, I am fine with some friendly ribbing and such, I just falter on the response. The Father's Day weekend was a good litmus test and I figure things will be good, in the long run. Coming out to the field and working and socializing has been excellent therapy for me and I'd like to thank everyone for being so patient and friendly.

Flying the Fun Cub has been a great starter plane and I have gotten some excellent advice from instructors and fellow pilots on how to fly in a more controlled manner. My goals, with the hobby, are to get in to Warbird flying. I'd love to, eventually, build a DH Mosquito. Those Warbirds just look so smooth up there in the air. In the meantime, I have a FT P-51 I am assembling, as an introduction to Warbirds and to get in to doing some streamer dog-fighting (I figure it will be a good way to learn some maneuvers, trying to follow other planes)

Anywho, see you out at the field. I'll try to post on here and let folks know when Marvin and I will be going out to mow the flying field (as opposed to the out-field, camping areas or roadside).

Take care and fly savvy! o7
PM if you have any questions or concerns or just want to say hi!

Online Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings and salutations
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:27:47 PM »
We have enjoyed having you amongst, and putting up with, the rest of us renegades/incorrigibles/reprobates/whatevers. I have enjoyed helping you a little bit toward getting the most out of your Fun Cub  - even "enouraging" you to set out to explore the local forest that one time! Your artistic talents are much appreciated - not too many others amongst us have lifted a paint scraper or paint brush out at the Toyground. The results speak for themselves!

We is gonna have sum big fun, Thomas!

Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Offline Dave Lucas

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: Greetings and salutations
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2017, 11:01:52 PM »
Welcome aboard - the guys are a good bunch.  No worries!