Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Lemon rcvrs  (Read 82 times)

Flypaper 2

Lemon rcvrs
« on: August 22, 2017, 01:35:24 PM »
  I see leading edge has the Lemon rcvrs in now. This is not an advert., just a recommendation. They are in all of my planes but two, and never had a glitch. Gyro system settings are done on the rcvr itself. No having to plug it into a computer. I use the 6 channel versions, as that's all you need for sportflying.
 And the price is right. ;D

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Lemon rcvrs
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 05:31:12 PM »
I second Gord's comments. I have used Lemons for several years now, no problems. I have a couple of the non-stabilizer very small ones, a number of the original stab version and some of the new Stab Plus. The latter units are nominally 6 channels but can be set up for 7 channels ( you disable stabilization on the original one, but the Plus one can give you the 7 channels without losing stabilization.)

Contrary to what some folks may say, the stab does not "fly the aircraft". It simply lets you fly it better and more often, such as in strong, gusty conditions. Or, if you have a highly sensitive (even approaching unstable) plane, or have something that you hand launch, this is where they can be essential.

The stab versions allow selection of Modes and Master Gains. The Plus also adds Self-levelling.

If anyone wants some help with one of these, ambush me out at the Toyground and we will see what we can do. Please read the user-developed manual, which was written by a Canadian and a New Zealander with considerable input from the community.

Check out the Plus manual (I always have a copy in my flight kit and use it often):

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2800238-The-NEW-official-Lemon-Stabilizer-Plus-thread

The developer of Lemon products is a fellow in Vancouver and is very supportive of his customers.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2017, 05:35:00 PM by Deerslayer »
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others