Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Ok dumb question time  (Read 99 times)

Online Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Ok dumb question time
« on: September 07, 2017, 09:08:35 AM »
So what the heck is a Huckfest and where did the term come from, all I can find on google is jumping off road trucks, so what's up?
  ???  ;D :P
In dog beers I've only had one

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Ok dumb question time
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:10:53 AM »
What is Hucking?
 Fair question, D, one that I have been asked by others, so here goes:

Think of Freestyle BMX riding, snowboarding, etc. The term Hucking originated there. In the RC world, for our immediately upcoming event, it is primarily large scale planes, many of which are scale models of people-carrying aerobatic aircraft which you might expect to see at a conventional airshow; however, our Huckers and their planes can perform feats that no human-occupied plane can, nor could any pilot. Generally, it is 3D flying with large toys!

As of today, we have about 15 pilots signed up. Most are from the GTA and Western Ontario regions, others from the Ottawa Valley and at least one from Quebec, Brad, of our own Club, is the organizer and keeps the list updated, in the first posting at the event's site. Believe me, there are a bunch of pretty excited guys just chomping at the bit to get this event under way.

http://rccanucks.com/showthread.php?2185-Huckowee-en

There will be an attempt to set a new Cluster Huck record here in October. The previous record is 14 planes, set just last weekend at the Great Canadian Clusterhuck in Orillia.  Seeing more than a dozen large aircraft launch in a row, eventually form up for the Cluster Huck, break out, do their own thing and return to earth, all without incident, is pretty amazing. I have seen it, it leaves quite an impression. There is a lot of skill, and trust, involved. Most of these guys have been there before, the bar (and therefore the record) keeps getting higher at each event. At the HuckFest, Brad was the marshall. For Huckowe'en, we want him to be in the air for the attempt, so I will volunteer to "heard the cats", if they wish. I hope we get a couple of good photographers and videographers on deck.

A terrific example of flying, videography, and great production values is the following little segment. Both Matt and Nick (the drone flyer/video guy) are at the top of the heap amongst this crew. Just the drone flying alone is in a class all to itself.

https://youtu.be/rd85x4XtAeQ

My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Online Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: Ok dumb question time
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 08:24:01 PM »
Thanks Gary, i finally found what I was looking for, i was googling Huckfest not Hucking.
"Hucking"
From extreme skiers and mountain bikers. "To recklessly throw ones self into the air"
Also known to be out of control or beyond ones ability.
And used to describe someone who gets huge air in skiing or mountain biking. "Man did you see Joe Hucking that 60 footer"!

If this is used to describe big 3D planes I seriously can't wait and now I know what you meant over at RcCanucks about the fireplace, let the carnage begin!! :laugh: :P 8) ;D

« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:07:33 AM by Dwayne »
In dog beers I've only had one