Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Good quality FPV video recording  (Read 145 times)

Offline Wilf

• KRCM Members
  • I've never met a plane I didn't like
    • View Profile
Good quality FPV video recording
« on: March 28, 2018, 10:24:12 AM »
Here is a FPV flight as recorded by the Mobius camera built in SD card.  This camera is plugged into a docking station which transmits it via 5.8 Ghz to my goggles.  The image transmitted to my goggles is the image I use to fly the airplane and is recorded as received by the goggles.  The image captured by my goggles is quite adequate to fly with but the video recorded directly by the camera is at least 4 times better.
Here is a video showing what the camera itself sees.....

https://youtu.be/FIWVkyGBssU

Here is what I see to fly the plane after it has been sent through the transmitter and receiver and displayed in my goggles.

https://youtu.be/IWJyAB963Bo

« Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 02:10:39 PM by Wilf »

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Good quality FPV video recording
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2018, 04:24:55 PM »
Good work, W.

This clearly demonstrates that, although one may record at the receiving end, there is a substantial loss of quality by doing so. Recording at source gets the best results.

The Mobius is an incredibly high quality HD camera, so there is some bias in comparing results with the onboard Foxeer camera. However, the loss during transmission is still the major factor, as we have seen when using the Mobius with video transmission and viewing on the ground.

What cannot be shown via your 2 videos is that there is some latency with the Mobius. You have  demonstrated that on another occasion.

As we know, it is common use a Mobius, GoPro or such for video recording and the other camera for flight control purpose.
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others