Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Marvin the Digger!  (Read 66 times)

Online Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Marvin the Digger!
« on: April 12, 2018, 07:30:30 AM »
Well, guess what I found out at the Toyground! (Pictures attached.)
Grasscutter was rootin' around with a digger that he "borrowed" from ... don't ask! So, what is he up to? Well, he started out strip-mining an area just east of the building (there is only one building now). He seems to have hit bedrock before encountering any gold or human remains.

You never saw a guy so happy as this fellow playing around in the dirt. By the way, who would have guessed that there is actually some high quality soil between the grass roots and the rock around here? Look at the giant pile!

His next step was to call in a load of crushed stone and start filling the hole up again.

So, what is he really up to?

This is the first step of expanding the dining/observing area. A concrete pad will be poured and, if the money doesn't run out, the clubhouse overhang will be extended over it.

This will provide a very nice shelter for the Peanut Gallery, as well as a place to set up or work on planes, as well as to prepare food and eat it.

KRCM owes Marvin a hearty thanks for scrounging up the excavation equipment and knowing how to use it.

As I was leaving, Mike was on his way out with a surveyor's level so that Marvin could begin the levelling and tamping of the stone. (It looked to me that a couple more loads would be needed to establish the base for the 5 inches of concrete to cap it off, so he may be at this for awhile yet.)

Marvin - how about an update?
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others