Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Snipping Tool - Windows 10  (Read 41 times)

Online Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Snipping Tool - Windows 10
« on: August 03, 2018, 08:08:07 AM »
There may be a time when you would like to save a portion of your PC screen for later reference. This could be for documentation purposes, to save an interesting full or partial view of an application or a computer's screen to assist in resolving a technical issue or, as in a particular situation that I currently have, to pick up the settings of an attached piece of hardware (Vector flight controller, with its several screenfuls of parameters), before and after certain changes may have been made, in order to figure out what differences may exist.

I recently became aware of the Snipping Tool that exists on W10. Just click the little Windows icon (the Start Menu) and type into the box: Snipping Tool. You will be presented with the tool and can decide what/how you wish to save something that is presented on your screen, in one of several forms.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related (sort of):

But, you say, I have a tablet or phone and would like to save a screenshot. How? Well, just press the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time, hold them for a second, and your phone will take a screenshot. It'll show up in your Gallery app for you to share with whomever you wish!

For those of us who use Spektrum systems, there is a built in function which will capturethe transmitter's screen and store it as a BMP on the SD card. From there, you can pop the card into your PC, save the file or perhaps change it into a JPG for storage as documentation or to post or send as part of a troubleshooting effort.

I have done all of the above.

"A picture is worth a thousand words".
This technique can come in handy when you are trying to help someone else set up one of more functions on their radio. For instance, you show someone how to set up something that is new to them. As you proceed, you can grab a screenshot on the transmitter. Later, they can review it and use those settings as the starting point in setting something similar on a new model - or to set things back to the way they were before you messed around with it!
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others