Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Tech Tips Site  (Read 226 times)

Online Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Tech Tips Site
« on: October 15, 2018, 08:15:20 AM »
Here is an superb site. I just found out about it and immediately discovered answers to a couple of questions I have had over the (6?) years of owning the DX9.

http://www.lakesawyerhawks.org/all_other_pages/rc_tech_tips.htm

Although it is oriented toward Spektrum  DX9, much of what is there also pertains to the other later model Spektrum systems, which all run the common Airware firmware. As well, there is information in here which pertains to other parts of your RC gear. e/g/. ESCs, servos ....

As for the Spektrum-specific items, note where much of the information originates. Andy leads their Development Team; he is the sponsor and major contributor to the RCGROUPS forum devoted to their (originally DX9) systems. Sherman is a well-known expert on the use of this equipment, with particular emphasis on sailplanes - he even sells a book on this whole topic. "Freechip" is one of several Users who have delved deeply into the workings of the Spekrum gear and become a foremost expert in understanding and using it in very advanced ways. Just to name a few of the contributors!

The user manual does cover the basics required to get your radio into use but it can only scratch the surface of what is available and how to accomplish many things with it.

One thing you should do is to ensure that you have registered your radio (SPEKTRUMRC.COM) and installed the latest Airware updates. These happen about once a year or so. Although it is extremely rare that an anomoly is found within this mature product, each major update will have one of more features have likely been requested by Users, encorporated to keep up with some sort of receiver or aircraft system developments or just to make life a bit easier for someone. Even if you just bought your radio yesterday, it may not necessarily have the latest firmware installed, so register it immediately and check for any newer version of the firmware. The upgrade is simple, quick and safe.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 07:39:30 AM by Deerslayer »
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others