Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Skipp(er)ing Around The Bay  (Read 74 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Skipp(er)ing Around The Bay
« on: November 21, 2018, 06:48:42 PM »
Here is another little video that I cobbled together. It features that wonderful little all-terrain, all-season, all-weather flying machine from HK , the Skipper. Roger has the same model, which he purchased from Great Planes - they call it the Dragonfly. This flight took place back in "pre-windmill" times out here on the rock.

I have flown the Mobius on it but have not yet done full FPV. That may happen as soon as this weekend, as it is one of my "winter" planes. I only have to clip the Mobius into its 5.8 GHz transmitter case and pop it onto the plane. My reason for not trying full FPV already is that I have lacked confidence. Although Skipper has NO bad flight characteristics and can be slowed down very nicely, it may still be more of a challenge than the Fun Cub or Penguin for a low time FPV pilot like me. As well, the spotter may have difficulty in keeping track of it due to its smaller size, minimum profile and ability to cover a lot of territory rather quickly. We shall see ...

Meanwhile, here is the video. The aerial portion seems rather jerky; perhaps, I had the stabilizer Gain a bit too high or perhaps I had the stabilizer turned Off, I cannot remember.

https://youtu.be/a-E5EtMrLyM
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 06:10:34 AM by Deerslayer »
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others