Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: New build number one-Mr. Slowly  (Read 316 times)

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
  • Member of the Flypaper School of Aeronuts
    • View Profile
New build number one-Mr. Slowly
« on: November 23, 2018, 02:29:01 PM »
Building at the club seems to have slacked off so I thought I'd post something to motivate some of you builders, or potential builders out there. That aspect of our hobby seems to be going away quickly, but there are still some excellent plans available that can easily be built out of foam.
So I was searching RC groups for plans of slowly flying fomites and the winner was, believe it or not, named Slowly.
It flies well, I've had it up half a dozen times in light winds, and I'm not sure how it would deal with moderate winds because it is so light and has so much lift that it only takes about an 18 inch run to take off and it can harbour very easily like a drone. Here's some photos:
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Mr. Slowly - All dressed up and ready to GO!
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 07:48:17 AM »
Well, hasn't the Commander of the RAF (Reg's Air Force) been a busy little fellow! (Hint of jealousy here, Reg). He has clearly broken out from the pack (small though it may be) with his two most recent creations - the Facetmobile and Mr. Slowly. The latter has now received formal colouration and how sweet it is!  :D

It also flies - extremely well! Everyone should have one of these things.

The Commander is too modest to post his artistic achievement. Or perhaps he is just trying to rub it in by forcing me to display his contenders, rather then my own sorry offerings in the Flypaper Foamy Challenge (three, so far, none of which were worthy of keeping alive).  :-[

So, check this out and applaud a job well done:
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 10:48:54 AM by Deerslayer »
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others