Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: 2019 KRCM Auction - February 16  (Read 190 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
2019 KRCM Auction - February 16
« on: January 06, 2019, 11:06:58 AM »
The Annual KRCM Auction is Saturday, Feb.16, at the RCAFA Club at Kingston Airport, where the Harvard is mounted.
The doors will be open at 0900 hours, to allow for set-ups and registration.

Clear out those Hangar Queens. If you haven't flown them for months or years, you don't need them. Dig out and dust off that old kit that you're never "gonna get around to" building. Tools, engines, radio gear - it's all welcome. Turn this into cash, then buy someone else's stuff.

Plan to get there in good time, register (FREE, of course!), set up your stuff on a table (no charge)and relax. The Club receives a 10% commission on all sales.

Make use of the RCAFA bar for soft drinks and other libations, popcorn, tater chips, etc. Bring your own sandwich, the action is non-stop!

Throw a buck or two into the 50/50 draw - you may become a very RICH person. We give the other half to the RCAFA, as they waive the usual rental fee for this day.

Browse around, check out the wares, meet others, and get ready for the main event.

Then, the fun really begins We have a highly experienced Auction Team eager to spring into action. Keep them busy, make them happy:

* The Auction itself will get underway as soon as Registration is completed, planning for 1030 hours.

* The 50/50 draw will take place around noon.

* Our Auction System allows Participants to settle up at any time, in case you have to leave early.

* We expect to wrap things up by mid-afternoon.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 11:13:52 AM by Deerslayer »
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 KRCM Auction - February 16
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 12:20:05 PM »
How quickly Time passes! And, how we forget some of the great times. I stumbled across some pictures that I took at out 2011 Auction and thought that y'all might find them to be interesting. Granted, some of the folks in here looked a tad younger at that time, but most of them still come out to the KRCM Toyground to play with "us"  :D younger kids.

There are a couple of famous people shown in here - 2 former MAAC Presidents, 3 former Zone Directors (some overlap between the former and latter, of course).

This Auction took place, as it had for many years, on a Monday evening at the RCAFA Club, combined with our monthly business meeting. For the past several years, we have held the Auction during the day on the Saturday (no meeting!) to allow for the greatly expanded amount of activity and to make it easier for folks from "away" to attend. Of recent years, this event has processed from $3000 to over $10,000 each time. One Auction, held during the summer at a deceased Member's family residence, passed the $30,000 mark.

I hope that these pictures may help you get the sense of the thing and a hint of the fun time it is for all of us. The 2019 Auction Team is once again all geared up and ready to Make It Happen!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 04:00:56 PM by Deerslayer »

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 2019 KRCM Auction - February 16
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 12:21:32 PM »
A few more pics from 2011 Auction