Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Wing Launcher  (Read 164 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Wing Launcher
« on: January 27, 2019, 09:23:32 AM »
I just finished cobbling up a short video showing this contraption in action and being used by one of my $Tree flying wings. The launch shown here is a tad on the weak side, due to the battery being not fully charged. Subsequent launches were more dramatic.

https://youtu.be/LXHFelM-8xE

It took about 15 minutes to create the launcher. It partially disassembles and I am a happy camper. This is an improvement on my armchair launches or hand launches and will allow sitting down for FPV launch or for someone who has a disability and may no be able to manage otherwise. Or, for folks who are just plain laid back and lazy.

I used 3/4" plastic pipe, some T's and a couple of 45 degree couplings. No glue - I just drilled holes for a small screw at each joint, except for the ones where the verticals go into the bottom support. That way, I can pop those out and shove the three sections into the car. Elsewhere, someone did much the same but instead of using the 45 degree couplings, he bent the verticals to make a 70 degree angle. I figured my way was simpler and more suitable in windy conditions, to try to prevent blowback of the wing. Regardless, everything can be easily changed, if necessary.
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others