Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: But ... we have video!  (Read 54 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
But ... we have video!
« on: April 08, 2019, 05:17:32 PM »
What an exciting time it was, Sunday at the Toyground. There was this fantastic pilot flying his Crack Turbo Beaver, with his buddy,  an ace videodrone pilot, zipping around catching the performance for posterity.

Suddenly, the two flying objects briefly tried to occupy the same space!  Crack!  Down came the Beaver, its motor dangling and one wheel plus several foam chunks floating down. The little drone just thunked down to ground. Ouch!

The drone only wrecked 2 of its props. The Beaver sustained more damage but a search recovered all of the bits. An hour or so this morning and it is all back airworthy and the repairs undetectable. Thanks to the miracle of hot glue and gorilla glue.

It could have been worse ... much worse. Was it worth it? You bet, because ... we have video! Adam will post his work soon.

Then, we will do it (or perhaps part of it) all over again in a few days. Great fun!
Remember: You can't stay young but you can stay immature.
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Offline adamb

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: But ... we have video!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 08:26:06 PM »

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: But ... we have video!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 08:46:29 PM »
Woo hoo! Good job, Adam!

I flew the Beaver today, better than ever. This little event presented an opportunity to upgrade a couple of rather noisy servos on the leading edge slats, and the overall repair is almost undetectable.

Let's do it again, we are rarin' to go!
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others