Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Receivers  (Read 87 times)

Offline Bill H

• KRCM Members
  • Not Flying, still in crashing phase
    • View Profile
Receivers
« on: July 19, 2019, 03:29:07 PM »
I am finding it hard to find good information on what receiver can drive what servo.
I am looking for recommendations for a receiver to use in a larger plane with Standard size servos.
Is the Spektrum AR620 up to the job? Just looking for 6 channel, I am using Spektrum DX6E radio.
Thanks
 Bill H

Offline Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: Receivers
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 03:51:46 PM »
Hi Bill, the AR620 is listed as a full range receiver, it will drive any servo no problems and work in any type of airplane up to a gasser.  What's it going in?

PS Here's a link to some reviews, all seem to be very good.  :D
https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?I=LXJHDW&P=M#technotes
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 04:03:02 PM by Dwayne »
The 70's were very good to me.

Offline Bill H

• KRCM Members
  • Not Flying, still in crashing phase
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 04:14:43 PM »
Thanks Dwayne, it would be going in a 89 inch cub, currently electric but plans to gas it in the future.
For now I just want to have a giant scale entry. Hope to have it ready to fly within the next week or so.

Offline Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 10:50:06 PM »
Thanks Dwayne, it would be going in a 89 inch cub, currently electric but plans to gas it in the future.
For now I just want to have a giant scale entry. Hope to have it ready to fly within the next week or so.

You're welcome Bill. Sounds real nice, the AR620 is fine for now once you switch to gas I'd look at something with a Satellite receiver also I hate to tell you but you're going to want a ignition kill switch which I believe requires a 7 channel radio.   
The 70's were very good to me.