Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: K-Town Huck - Sept.28  (Read 108 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
K-Town Huck - Sept.28
« on: August 27, 2019, 12:44:07 PM »
NOTE: The date has now been changed to September 28.

It may yet happen! A feeler has been set out in RCCANUCKS where most of the huckers hang out.

Stay tuned, over there, as things develop further:

http://rccanucks.com/showthread.php?3126-K-Town-Huck-Sept-21
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 09:38:18 AM by Deerslayer »
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
K-Town Huck - Sept.28
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 09:37:14 AM »
They are starting to commit!

It is definitely a go!

More details to come, soon.

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: K-Town Huck - Sept.28
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 06:55:51 AM »
The following is a copy of the posting in the RCCANUCKS Forum:

GENERAL ITEMS

We have invited the Hucking community to come here, enjoy our facilities and have a great time.

We hope to see some folks start to straggle in any time prior to Saturday. The field will be unlocked and there likely be some KRCM folks hanging around and flying, as usual. Our Guests are welcome to stay as long as they wish.

Huckers: We will get you registered (NO FEE!) on Friday or Saturday. That will help our Arnprior Guests to figure out how much meat to burn for your Saturday night dinner. Registered Huckers also get to devour free hot dogs, provided by Tree D Terry and Marilyn. Yumm, yumm!

We will run a 50/50 draw, open to anyone whether registered Hucker or visitor. The draw will take place no later than 1:00 pm on Saturday.

Anyone, whether registered for the Huck or not, can use our large "foamy/drone" area at the West end, just keep away from the main flight line and runway. Adam plans to set up his drone course in this area, probably sometime on Thursday or Friday. It will remain for the weekend. Anyone is welcome to bring a multirotor, (or indoor foamy?) and give it a go!

If you have set of FPV goggles, bring them out and you can have a risk-free ride-along with whoever is flying FPV with a multi-rotor or fixed wing. Usually, there is at least one quadcopter doing some video recording of some of the hucking and you can ride along.

GUEST AMENITIES

There is a huge camping and parking area, porta-potties, and our large shelter. Lots of tables, charging faciities (12 vdc and 120 vac).

Our newly renovated clubhouse is well insulated, has a wood stove and great ventilation. If anyone wants to bring a cot and bunk down in there, that is OK - just clear out by the time Rolly gets ready to set up his breakfast cookery.

We have a couple of BBQs, which you are welcome to use.

There is an "official" fire pit for all to enjoy, it will be set up near the clubhouse and Vultures Row for those of you who like to stay up late, sacrifice balsa, coach/heckle/judge night flyers, etc.

Note: The KRCM field is not closed to our Members during this event. Our invited, registered Guests have priority at the main flight line. The "foamy/drone" area at the west end is always available for anyone to use. as there is no interference with the main flight zone.

Offline Bill H

• KRCM Members
  • Flying Now, Crashing less often
    • View Profile
Re: K-Town Huck - Sept.28
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 06:00:57 PM »
I am going to be there to view the fun. I love seeing those big planes doing the impossible