Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: FPV ridealong  (Read 29 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
FPV ridealong
« on: October 19, 2019, 04:51:29 PM »
To fly FPV, you need to have a spotter. This only requires them keeping the plane in sight and providing some Situational Awareness, particularly as regards traffic, the aircraft getting uncomfortably far away, wind direction, help in judging the  final portion of a landing, etc.

I like to let my spotter AND OTHERS share in the experience, even though they may not get to fly the plane. Typically, I have a Flight Mode where the plane will Loiter at a fixed altitude and execute a circle, as long as I want. This can let me pass the goggles over to anyone else while I control the plane in the normal fashion, so they can experience different portions of the flight. They also see the heads up display of various information, including Altitude, Distance to Home, Speed, Atitude and many other items. Eventually, I will set it back into Loiter, transfer the goggles back to me and resume FPV control.

Any time you see me sitting out there with my spotter, don't hesitate to come over. We will give you a "ridealong". Fun guaranteed, or double your money back!
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 04:53:13 PM by Deerslayer »
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Offline adamb

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: FPV ridealong
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2019, 07:53:29 PM »
And if I happen to be there, I always have an extra set of goggles you can use.