Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Tree Cub !  (Read 703 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Tree Cub !
« on: February 03, 2020, 07:43:57 AM »
How does this thing keep on going? No one really knows, although Harold thinks he does. The poor thing has spent a couple of months in a tree overlooking Deseronto harbour, has had more scares than a little kid on their first Hallowe'en night, has had several of its wigglers replaced, a never-ending stream of hot glue, a major fracture of its wing, layer upon layer of "cosmetic" paint, casually thrown into the back of its owner's Fix Or Repair Daily (FORD) truck, etc. Yet, it just keeps coming back for more!

Have a look:

https://youtu.be/EP7C-4iL49Q
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Online pardomopar

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: Tree Cub !
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2020, 08:02:40 AM »
Is that tree plane for sale ,I need to insulate some water pipes :laugh:

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2020, 09:48:45 AM »
Pay attention, Bruce! You definately would not want it  :'(

It has been pointed out that the thing went feral for a couple of months and who knows what now lives within its many cracks and caverns. I wouldn't want any part of it around my pipes, nasty things might hatch and propagate. Do roaches eat hot glue that has been well seasoned outdoors? What about runoff or condensation from wacky tobacky - there are now 50 or so pot shops up there on the rez! Maybe an entirely different climate than we are used to down here. Maybe that is why the thing didn't want to go back to its owner? High times at the Desi seaport (double meaning there).

Offline Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2020, 02:23:06 PM »
Harold is right, use guys are just a jealous, lol 
The 70's were very good to me.

Offline Terry

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2020, 04:05:26 PM »
After the season on the rez in the swamp maple it ended up lost again for another month north west of our field until found it. I wasn't even going to get it out, but it wasn't that far up and i knew what it meant to Harold so i made the short climb and returned it to a very happy Harold. He flew it the same day. True story, just crazy!!

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2020, 04:31:36 PM »
"just crazy"
Huh? Do you mean the plane, the story, Harold or all of the above? I am trying really hard to keep up, but you are typing too fast for me. Please slow down, and perhaps consider using caps, as I dont always have my glasses  at hand.

Oh,  by the way, I guess you were expecting some recognition and admiration for your valiant rescue effort? Well, keep trying!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 05:05:28 PM by Deerslayer »

Offline Terry

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2020, 04:44:15 PM »
I  S C R A T C H E D  M Y   F I N G E R  G E T T I N G   H A R  O L D S  P L A N   O U T  T H E  T R E E    A N D    N O B O D Y   K I S S E D    I T   B E T T E R.     Hows that see better now.

Offline Terry

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2020, 05:08:32 PM »
Now that Harold's Famous because of his tree cub, if I can get his autograph.  Maybe he could sign the next piece that breaks off his tree cub and give that to me, He'll just fill it in with hot glue anyways.

Offline Bill H

• KRCM Members
  • Flying Now, Crashing less often
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2020, 05:24:07 PM »
Reading this thread I wonder what might have been burned in that clubhouse stove, did it kinda look like a compressed brick of something?
Well, Tomorrow I am off to the sunny south for 5 days, anyone going to shovel my driveway? Oh and I do my neighbours as welll....so....