Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Vampire #2  (Read 44 times)

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
  • Member of the Flypaper School of Aeronuts
    • View Profile
Vampire #2
« on: March 25, 2020, 08:46:43 AM »
This is not a new build, but a resurrection of a condemned plane. Bruce gave me this old fellow in pretty bad condition after a nose crash which smashed the nose retract etc. I converted the nose strut and made the nose gear fixed with a reinforcing brace. The steering still works fine.I did this is because I kept smashing the nosegear off the first Vampire I had (Which I subsequently gave to Gordo)
A little cosmetic work and paint, a new canopy latch, (Gary) and she's ready to go. Now for a flat field, as the basic Vamp is underpowered. Replacinf the EDF with a more powerful unit is a standard conversion to this Hobby King product.
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Online Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire #2
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 09:01:16 AM »
Good work, nice addition to the RAF (Reg's Air Farce). Could that have originally been Flypaper's plane? He had either a Vampire or a Meteor, I don't recall which.
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 10:02:12 AM »
He had a Sea Vixen, which replaced the  Royal Navy version of the Vampire. He also had  my Vampire which was probably sold at the Gordo auction. This one was not the one I had.
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Online Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 02:21:08 PM »
Came out real nice Reg!.  ;D ;D
The 70's were very good to me.

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 02:56:15 PM »
Thanks, I'm looking forward to your new build.