Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Building the micro Lazy Bee  (Read 13751 times)

Flypaper 2

Re: Building the micro Lazy Bee
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2012, 02:51:23 PM »
I still have some pool Noodle stuff here. I'll try to remember to bring it with me on Sun. These tubeless heavy duty snow tires are noodles ;D Sorry I messed up the second pic but I don't know how to delete it.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:54:44 PM by Flypaper 2 »

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2012, 09:08:08 AM »
Gord:
I am going to build up the foam wheels because I want to fly it on Sunday, but would love to have some noodle material for the replacement set. Thanks.
On the photo, I found the same thing, but there is a way. Upload the new photo under the same file name and it over-writes it.
Do you know how many parts there are in my MCX and how long it is taking to replace the swash plate? With luck, I'll get it airborne but I sure could use some tiny-er fingers.
Reg
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Flypaper 2

« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2012, 09:55:46 AM »
Not sure about the swashplate but the young lads at LE may be able to replace it. Bought a heli from Princess auto.on a chance. They made me buy it when I drooled all over it. ;D Has a still camera and a video camera on board but may not work in the drill hall as the sunlight plays tricks on the IR radio system. We'll see.

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2012, 10:48:41 AM »
No, i bought the swashplate replacement, but i was just having trouble because everything is so tiny. They were good at LE, but didn't fix it for me, and now I know why. I may have some problems in trimming after I get it back together, but I'm sure looking forward to flying it.
That new one sounds great! I started this whole RC flying thing because of photo-video on board, that's what I want to do eventually after I learn to fly. How much did the drooling cost you?
Reg
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Flypaper 2

« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:22 PM »
59 bucks but don't think it'll work outside because of the IR system. Have to see if I can get it to work on 2.4

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2012, 12:54:33 PM »
Wow!
I built up the Bee's wheels so the prop clears. I'm going to try removing some of the foam to lighten it up. Back to the heli repair now.
 I've also got a nasty contract of work which is interfering with my flying and maintenance. Damn clients can be a nuisance but, they do provide for more toys!
Reg

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2012, 09:05:19 AM »
Just to keep everyone up to date, neither I or the test pilot could get the Bee to fly, very unstable. Overpowered and over-prop-d. We have temporarily retreated.

Flypaper 2

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2012, 10:01:11 AM »
I forgot to give you that noodle foam for the wheels yesterday.. Don't grow old Reg, your memory takes a dump. Forgot to bring some connectors for Gary so I'm even in deeper doo doo to the pres. ;D But Gary's a good guy, He won't beat on me too hard :P

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2012, 11:40:54 AM »
Gord:
I thought about it on the way home, but I've got to decide what to do, rebuild the Bee or build a new one. In either case, it will be a while before I need to noodle, so don't worry about your memory! Also, I like my foam wheels, but they don't take crashing very well.
I'm going to have a look at your pdf.
Did you have your new chopper yesterday? I am very happy with mine.
Reg

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2012, 12:01:32 PM »
Gord:
I can't find your pdf file on the other lazy Bee, could you send it again, please?
Reg

Flypaper 2

« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:56 PM »
Yeah. I flew it a bit yesterday but flew the quad more. The file is from RC Groups thread. I'll see if I can find it.

Flypaper 2

« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=828620
  Better yet, here's the thread on how to build as it might be more helpful with the methods they use. The hows and whys more or less. Hope this helps Reg.and anyone else that wants to try it.

Flypaper 2

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2012, 08:39:54 AM »
What really pisses me off is guys that put a build thread up before a plane has been proven. At the end of the thread that Reg wanted to build from, the guy said at the end of the thread, when Reg asked him about the stability, that his was unstable too!! >:(

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2012, 10:08:28 AM »
I wonder if I lengthened the fuselage? Also, I could try to make the wings perfect. Or maybe I'll just pitch it and try something else, I just want to build a slow flyer for the "medium" sessions. only 2 weeks to go! maybe I'll end up buying another RTF at LE!
Reg

Flypaper 2

« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2012, 10:47:05 AM »
I'd just go with the 30 in. version shown in the website I showed above. Much more chance of sucess going with a proven one instead of beating this one into submission. All of youe electronics will work fine with the bigger one.