Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Building the BLAZY BEE  (Read 6447 times)

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: Building the BLAZY BEE
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2012, 09:34:20 AM »
Hi Gord:
We came back early because of the two storms, and managed to squeeze in between them. I had a couple of flights in PA, photos to follow if my daughter gets them to me. I just put the floats on the Cub and am anxious to try it, maybe tomorrow as it might be OK.
Now, I'll put on my woolies and clear the drive, then back to work on the Bee(2)
Any word about an indoor site yet?
Reg
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Offline Flypaper 2

• KRCM Members
  • We regret the chances we didn't take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2012, 09:56:36 AM »
No word on a site yet. Have to wait for the retired farmer down the road to plow out the driveways and main road. He has a farm tractor with an eight foot blower on it. Makes short work of the snow. City doesn't come out here. Not a big deal. ;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 09:59:43 AM by Flypaper 2 »
Gord
Hotglue, held together with foam.

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2012, 02:00:50 PM »
Took us 2 hours with snow-blower yesterday, and another 1/2 when the town plowed most of it back!
Anyway, I put the Cub on floats and flew like hell this morning. It was terrific! Deep snow in the park, no dogs, great takeoffs and easy landings. It loves to taxi around too. I hope we get more days like this!
I got the Bee wing formers glued in last night, today I cut the tip dihedral, glue,  and then its downhill! Man it would have flown today, perfectly calm.

Reg
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Offline Flypaper 2

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2012, 07:59:40 PM »
Hi Reg:  The notify thingy must not be working. I just wondered over here to see what was going on. The old farmer doesn't blow it out anymore so I had to do it myself. Good thing the blower started up first pull from sitting since last year. Wish my truck would start that easy ;DGlad your making headway with the Bee. Later.
Gord

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2012, 03:16:47 PM »
Gord:
It was too nice to stay in and too far to KRCM, so here's what we did today at Grass Creek, note my pretty assistant and plane-chaser on snowshoes!
Reg

Offline Flypaper 2

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2012, 04:31:31 PM »
Took a chance and went out to the field today. Earl Jenkins had just got there so we lit a fire and did a lot of shoveling to get in the door. Was beautiful out there with little wind. If Earl hadn't been there I would have turned around and went home.
Gord

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
Hey, great! I don't think I know Earl. What did you put up? I've got one wing-tip on the Bee, trying for another tonight. The wing is going well with no warping.
I wish we had an indoor site to test the Bee, but if it is calm, the snow is plenty deep at the park and not much happens when the plane goes in!
Reg
Reg

Offline Flypaper 2

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »
At least the snow is soft  :D Don't know if you've seen the two little Jack Russels out at the field? If so they're Earls. They look comical seeing them jump through the snow when it's 3 times as tall as they are. Sort of Boing-boing- boing from one hole to the other. ;D
Gord

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2013, 01:26:43 PM »
Gord:
My building keeps getting interrupted by outdoor flying! Got out Saturday (see winter flying thread) and again this morning! Oldest son showed up Sunday with an IR heli and we had some fun with that.
So the Bee is ready for control rods and electronics, servos are in. (See photo) Trouble is, where to test-fly it?
I am also rebuilding a SuperCub from the two older ones as a backup, but I'm undecided about what else to take to Florida next month. It looks like the Wills trainer is easiest to get back in the air, so I'll work on that next.
Reg

Offline Flypaper 2

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2013, 03:46:28 PM »
Looks like the bee needs skis,or land on the belly without the wheels, or wider snow tires. ;D
  Lookin Good. Or is that the Bees knees :D
Gord

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 10:31:23 PM »
It's Finished (except for painting, but we'll fly it first!)
Reg

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2013, 11:59:00 AM »
Well, it flew across the bedroom ok, wonder what will happen under power? It seemed stable!
Reg

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2014, 08:06:59 AM »
I never had any success with this plane but I have rebuilt it, lighter and tighter, look for it next week at indoor flying.
Reg