Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Aileron control Arm Offset  (Read 882 times)

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
  • Remember folks, my comments and this forum are for
    • View Profile
Aileron control Arm Offset
« on: January 25, 2013, 02:03:55 PM »
Gord:
The control arm is one piece, very heavy rod, hard to bend. It turns toward the aileron, then is bent left into it, all embedded. I would have to take it all apart. I wonder how it flew? There is some slop indicating the rod end is working inside the solid aileron.
Thanks for looking,
Reg
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Flypaper 2

Re: Aileron control Arm Offset
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:26:37 PM »
This is where we need to do some butchery. ;D Not a big job. First to tighten up in the ail. Cut a slot in the bottom where you can see the wire going into the ail. You'll see the loose wire now. You should be able to drop the wire down out of the ail. now. Unhook the connector from the upper ail wire. Now you may be able to get hold of both ends of the wire with pliers and twist the wire back in line. Once you get it straight you can use 5 min epoxy and epoxy the wire back into the ail by filling in the slot. Just make sure it stays in proper allignment while the epoxy hardens. There, Fixed two problems for the price of one. :D Give it a try anyway Reg and let me know if you run into difficulty. I learned all this by fixing the planes that I've trashed. :-[
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:29:08 PM by Flypaper 2 »

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 03:01:02 PM »
Thanks Gord, that looks like the only answer.
Reg
Churchill said: "Success is a series of failures during which one does not lose enthusiasm!"

Offline ganguy

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 08:22:05 AM »
That worked!

Offline Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »
Gord:
The control arm is one piece, very heavy rod, hard to bend. It turns toward the aileron, then is bent left into it, all embedded. I would have to take it all apart. I wonder how it flew? There is some slop indicating the rod end is working inside the solid aileron.
Thanks for looking,
Reg

It flew perfect Reg, if there were any bad habbits I would have told you before I sold it to you.  ;D 8) :P
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:54:57 PM by Dwayne »
The 70's were very good to me.