Please login or register.

KRCM

Author Topic: Field work  (Read 19 times)

Offline Deerslayer

• Administrator
  • Fly hard, Learn stuff, Have fun!
    • View Profile
Field work
« on: May 19, 2018, 06:37:18 AM »
I was just passing by KRCM yesterday, noonish, and decided to stop in, as the gate was open, despite it being quite windy.

There was Marvin, alone and plodding along on a roller. The field was freshly cut and looking perfect! He and Thomas had fertilized it a couple of weeks ago and, along with ideal growing conditions, the grass is responding well.

Although I could not stay long, I offered to give him a half hour break. He declined, as he was just about finished. He had been working since about 0800 - 4 hours so far!

We too often take for granted the effort and quality of results of Marvin and Thomas on our behalf. You could not pay people to do all of this, or at least we could not afford to do so.

So, as you enter the Toyground, think of these guys!

Do we even pay Marvin for gas? If not, then we are taking way too much for granted. Driving out and back many times in a month, over most months of the year, just to work on behalf of others (you and me), is costly. He is not running a charity - or at least he shouldn't be! My opinion, but probably shared by many other Members.
My purpose in Life is to serve as a Warning to others

Offline Dwayne

• KRCM Members
    • View Profile
Re: Field work
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2018, 08:40:58 AM »
Yup, a big thanks to Marvin and Thomas!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
The 70's were very good to me.